Damn it, NT's!: [still talking shit and then deleting it] zackerygorrell's still going; now is laughing about calling me a "bitch", and...
[hahahahahahahahahaha omg you’re mad I called you a bitch but you threw a 100 curse words at me. I totally saw that coming. Yes, you are just getting mad for the sake of it at this point. I’m saying time and time again that I didn’t mean it the way you took it and trying to…
I always felt off about that blog when I saw it in the tags.
That’s some confirmation of how I felt right there.
The whole thing on the “about” part of the blog bothers me a lot. “Society and socialization is not worth understanding.” Um, actually, no. And also, I learned a heckuvalot of my social skills from autistic adults on the internet, about ten years or so ago. (And I’m not even autistic, so figure that one out.)
If you are a person, you are part of society. Socialization is totally worth understanding. People are cool, most of the time. Friends are important to have. Even if you only surround yourself with others who have the same disability/disorder you have, you are socializing with them.
And the whole thing started because, to be perfectly honest, some of us weren’t “inspirational” enough for him.And apparently, to him, being “outside of society” means he can’t be oppressive….apparently even to other autistic people. Who he claimed to “be the voice of”. It’s just….wow.
I just saw an Ask where he suggests an autistic person ask to be put on a name-brand stimulant rather than a generic one because name-brand is better and because ADHD meds are awesome and he’s taking one.
Actually, here’s a screencap because I need to rip this apart so incredibly badly right now.
Okay, first. The anon could have ADHD, but it’s much more than just not being able to concentrate on what people are saying. An experienced clinician (one who knows both ADHD and autism) needs to diagnose you if you think you might have both, because most people only know one or the other, and a lot of them are asshats who think if you’re an adult you can’t possibly have either if you weren’t diagnosed as a child. (And that’s only if you want meds for it. A responsible doctor shouldn’t be just giving you medication for ADHD if you don’t have a diagnosis or they haven’t done some kind of assessment.)
Generic medications aren’t automatically bad. Some are just as good as the name-brand, and some generics work BETTER for some people than the name-brand does. It all depends on the person. You start at a low dose and it’s increased over time until you find a dose that works or the side effects get so sucky that you can’t deal anymore. If the latter happens, you change to something else and do it all again. And some people do better with Strattera (which is not a stimulant medication). Does he even know the difference between Adderall (an amphetamine-based medication, of which there are three or four different types in common use) and Ritalin (a methylphenidate-based medication, of which there are three or four different types in common use)?
Holy hell, this guy is a disaster waiting to happen.
45 Notes/ Hide
- somafree likes this
- wibblywobblygenderywendery likes this
- everyoneelseistooloud likes this
- undeadsidhe-inthetardis likes this
- turbulentbeauty likes this
- shulamithbond likes this
- crackedoutwhore likes this
- articlime reblogged this from goldenheartedrose
- girljanitor reblogged this from karalianne and added:
- karalianne reblogged this from girljanitor and added:
- tuimitchams likes this
- goldenheartedrose reblogged this from girljanitor and added:
- mquester likes this
- zuxhi likes this
- ishouldbeallowedtothink likes this
- alwaysfaithfulterriblelizard likes this
- autie-turtle-cat likes this
- stringsdafistmcgee reblogged this from girljanitor
- pixieorsomething reblogged this from girljanitor
- whatabootsecondbreakfast likes this
- crsutyschlifosis likes this
- nocturnuslibertus reblogged this from girljanitor and added:
- redsirocco said: wow, that’s fucked. glad you called him out.
- aragorn-sass said: If you want his blogs name to show up in the tags you have to replace the hyphens with spaces.
- princessnijireiki likes this
- isomer reblogged this from girljanitor
- dumbass-slacker likes this
- elegiaincondite likes this
- girljanitor posted this